Towbar Purchasing Guide
Fixed Flange Ball Towbar
Traditionally used in the UK for all serious forms of towing and generally the most cost effective option. A 50mm towball is bolted to a two or four-hole plate (vehicle dependent) that also allows the fitting of a 25mm spacer so that accessories such as a towbar-mounted cycle carrier can be used.
- The towing height can be adjusted on commercial and 4×4 four-hole plate towbars
- Bumper shields can be fitted
- AL-KO towballs can be fitted
- A choice of towing couplings and accessories can be fitted
Detachable Swan Neck Towbar
Mainly used in the rest of Europe and slimmer than a flange bar, this style was the first to offer a detachable version. When fitted to ASX and Outlander, the towbar fixture is virtually invisible when the swan neck is removed. Cycle carriers are available for this type of bar.
- Towball can be removed when not in use
- Unrestricted access to the boot
- AL-KO and other friction type stabilisers can be fitted
Single 7-Pin Electrics
Twin 7-Pin Electrics Kit
Single 13-Pin Electrics
Why buy from us